We have spent the last two weeks having everything roof related fixed! The cottage is now watertight (hopefully!).
There were so many small jobs to do- tiles that needed replacing and flashing that had worn out as well as a full overhaul of the guttering and ridge tiles. Around the living room glass panelling (above the front door in the picture below) is some wooden cladding that we have tried to save with a sand and a stain but it hasn’t come up as we had hoped so we will either replace the wood entirely or paint it white (which I am not sure about?). It is sealed for now so we may wait until we decide on an exterior colour for the paint work and then figure out if wood or white will look better.
The two log stores (above) are in a bit of a sorry state but will be super useful for storage, we have sanded back and sealed and stained the wood panelling and repainted the doors. The doors haven’t been hung evenly (!) so we will need to re hang so they meet properly, also we have no idea why square holes were cut in the top barn doors…suggestions of what to do with the cut outs welcome over on Instagram! They have been boarded up with chip board which we have painted white for now. The balcony is made of horse shoes so I had a thought of painting four horse shoes black and hanging one in each cut out, but i’m not sure whether I love the idea or hate it. Thoughts over on the gram would be welcome!
KP hard at work water-blasting the old wood.
A full weekend sanding and staining the entrance gate and the log stores and it’s starting to look much better. We have been working with a brilliant glass company with our thoughts with what we want to do to replace the two rotten front doors…
Updates to follow as we progress with the yard…
You must be logged in to post a comment.